Cambridge Residential Russian Summer School – 2017
21st August @ 9:00 am - 25th August @ 4:00 pm
Murray Edwards College, Cambridge CB3 0JG
This five-day course is set in a modern and fairly central Murray Edwards College – unique modern architecture (grade II listed buildings), beautiful award-winning gardens, comfortable accommodation, state-of-the-art facilities, ample parking.
15 minutes walk to Cambridge city centre, or 6-8 minutes by bus.
A wonderful opportunity to combine an intensive Russian course with the pleasure of meeting like-minded people. Also, a good way of maintaining, improving or refreshing your Russian.
PARTICIPANTS: Anyone aged 16+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art.
Tuition: 25 hours
- 20 hours of language tuition + 5 hours of cultural studies in small groups, with a strong emphasis on the linguistic component: speaking and listening, reading, writing and grammar – all in a fun and creative way.
- Great emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play and discussions.
- Enrich your vocabulary, learn idioms, brush up your grammar, immerse yourself in conversation and improve pronunciation.
- Plus 5 hours of cultural studies – gain a deeper insight into Russian culture, traditions, humour and way of life.
- 4 levels (depending on the intake) – from complete Beginners to Advanced, based on an initial assessment test.
- Tutors are all native speakers – experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and considerate.
Extra-curricular programme will include talks by invited speakers, a walking tour of Cambridge with a visit to a museum, games, songs, poetry and music, a screening of a film and, finally, a concert – to supplement your linguistic experience in a warm and stimulating atmosphere.
Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £350
En-suite room & full board = £665
(Sunday dinner is included in the residential fee.)
15% discount for students under the age of 21 in full-time education:
Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £297.50
En-suite room & full board = £565.25
HOW TO BOOK:
Please email Dr Tanya Yurasova of Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society on email@example.com
– with your full name, full contact details (including your phone number), and whether you need accommodation. Please also specify roughly your level of Russian, if you can.
You will then be asked to pay a non-returnable deposit of £100.
WITH ANY QUERIES: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0781 510 1481.