Cambridge Residential Russian Summer School – 2017
21st August @ 9:00 am - 25th August @ 4:00 pm
Murray Edwards College, Huntingdon Rd, Cambridge CB3 0DF
Please click here for practical details: INFORMATION FOR PARTICIPANTS
This five-day course is set in a modern and fairly central Murray Edwards College – unique modern architecture (grade II listed buildings), beautiful award-winning gardens, comfortable accommodation, state-of-the-art facilities, ample parking.
15 minutes walk to Cambridge city centre, or 6-8 minutes by bus.
A wonderful opportunity to combine an intensive Russian course with the pleasure of meeting like-minded people. Also, a good way of maintaining, improving or refreshing your Russian.
PARTICIPANTS: Anyone aged 16+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art.
- 20 hours of language tuition in small groups, with a strong emphasis on the linguistic component: speaking and listening, reading, writing and grammar – all in a fun and creative way.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play and discussions.
- Enrich your vocabulary, learn idioms, brush up your grammar, immerse yourself in conversation and improve pronunciation.
- Plus 5 hours of extra-curricular activities.
- 4 levels (depending on the intake) – from complete Beginners to Advanced, based on an initial assessment test.
- Tutors are all native speakers – experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and considerate.
Extra-curricular programme will include talks by invited speakers, a walking tour of Cambridge with a visit to a museum, games, songs, poetry and music, a screening of a film and, finally, a concert – to supplement your linguistic experience in a warm and stimulating atmosphere.
Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £350
En-suite room & full board = £665
(Sunday dinner is included in the residential fee.)
15% discount for students under the age of 21 in full-time education:
Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £297.50
En-suite room & full board = £565.25
HOW TO BOOK:
Please email Dr Tanya Yurasova of Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society on email@example.com
– with your full name, full contact details (including your phone number), and whether you need accommodation. Please also specify roughly your level of Russian, if you can.
WITH ANY QUERIES: please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0781 510 1481.
Places are allocated on the first come – first served basis.
It is advisable to book as soon as possible.