- This event has passed.
Cambridge Residential Russian Summer School – 2019
Monday 26 August, 2019, 09:00 - Friday 30 August, 2019, 16:00
Congratulations to all participants with successful completion of the Russian immersive course this year! Please find feedback from some of the attendants of Cambridge Residential Summer School 2019:
“It was all wonderful. Fun, lively, fascinating, motivating. Thank you so much.”
“The teachers are superb, helpful, encouraging and making the learning fun.”
“Thank you for a fantastic week! It was my first time attending the course, and everyone was so friendly and welcoming. […] The teachers were all lovely – very encouraging and patient with those of us beginning our Russian journey.”
“I loved the variety of the lessons and the teachers’ ability to work so productively with a range of abilities. ”
“It was great meeting native speakers (the teachers!), and it was great meeting the other students too (great camaraderie!) It felt a bit like being in Russia for a week…”
“Good variety in lessons and teaching styles. Great activities. Amazing teachers.”
It is assumed that residents will arrive on Sunday 25th August (afternoon or evening).
Cambridge CB3 0DG
NB We have had a couple of recent cancellations due to illness, so we now have a few ‘hot vacancies’ on this course!
This five-day course is set in a modern, fairly central and very friendly Fitzwilliam College, which has a long-lasting tradition of Russian and Slavonic studies.
Comfortable en-suite accommodation, ample parking. 15 minutes’ walk to Cambridge city centre, or 5 minutes by bus.
A wonderful opportunity to combine an intensive Russian course with the pleasure of meeting like-minded people. Also, a good way of maintaining, improving or refreshing your Russian.
PARTICIPANTS: Anyone aged 15+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art. There is no upper age limit! This year, for the first time, there is a special discount for absolute beginners!
- 20 hours of language tuition in small groups, with a strong emphasis on the linguistic component: speaking and listening, reading, writing and grammar – all in a fun and creative way.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play and discussions.
- Enrich your vocabulary, learn idioms, brush up your grammar, immerse yourself in conversation and improve pronunciation.
- Plus 5 hours of extra-curricular activities.
- 5 levels – from Absolute Beginners to Fluent, based on an initial assessment test.
- Tutors are all native speakers – experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and considerate.
Extra-curricular programme will include talks by invited speakers, a walking tour of Cambridge, games, songs, poetry and music, a screening of a film and, finally, a concert – to supplement your linguistic experience in a warm and stimulating atmosphere.
Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £355
En-suite room & full board = £670
(Sunday dinner is included in the residential fee)
Discount for STUDENTS in full-time education & for ABSOLUTE BEGINNERS:
Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £290
En-suite room & full board = £570
HOW TO BOOK:
First of all, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
1. Please click here to fill in the following on-line enrolment form.
2. Please pay a non-refundable deposit of £100 by direct bank transfer (all details are on the form).
* Full fees will be due 6 weeks before the beginning of the course, i.e. by Monday, 15th July 2019. *
Please note that places will be allocated on the first come – first served basis, so it is strongly recommended to enrol earlier rather than later, to avoid disappointment!
WITH ANY QUERIES please email Dr Tanya Yurasova on email@example.com or call 0781 510 1481.