- This event has passed.
Residential Russian Summer School – August 2016
Monday 1 August, 2016, 10:00 - Friday 5 August, 2016, 17:00
Monday 1st August – Friday 5th August 2016
Girton College, Cambridge CB3 0JG
This five-day course is set in a charming Girton College – beautiful gardens, very atmospheric, ample parking.
Regular buses to Cambridge city centre.
Any age, including YOUNG PEOPLE from 16 years of age up!
Would be beneficial for those in the middle of their A-LEVELS and/or those starting or doing a UNIVERSITY COURSE linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- A wonderful opportunity to combine learning with leisure and pleasure, meet like-minded people, and enjoy the ambience of an authentic Cambridge college.
- 20 hours of tuition with experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun-loving native-speaking tutors.
- Four levels. Placement test are offered at enrolment.
- Develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing in a fun and creative way. Brush up your grammar, immerse in conversation, improve pronunciation, and take delight in Russian literature!
- Enrich your vocabulary and gain a deeper insight into Russian culture, traditions, humour and way of life.
- Great emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play, debates and discussions.
- Social & cultural programme: 15 hours in the target language, e.g. games, films, discussions, concerts, poetry, music, drama, talks by invited speakers, to supplement your linguistic experience in a warm, stimulating and inspirational atmosphere.
(Sunday dinner is included in the residential fee.)
HOW TO BOOK:
Please email Dr Tanya Yurasova of Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society on firstname.lastname@example.org
– with your full name, full contact details (including your phone number), and your preferred type of accommodation. Please also specify roughly your level of Russian, if you can.
You will then be asked to pay a non-returnable deposit of £20.00 per day.
WITH ANY QUERIES: please email email@example.com or call 0781 510 1481.
THERE ARE CURRENTLY A FEW VACANCIES ON THIS COURSE FOR NEAR-BEGINNERS.
Places are allocated on the first come – first served basis.
It is advisable to book as soon as possible!