Residential Russian Summer School in Cambridge – August 2021
Monday 2 August, 09:00 - Friday 6 August, 16:00
Monday 2nd August – Friday 6th August 2021
Girton College, Cambridge CB3 0JG
This five-day course is run in collaboration with the Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society. It is set in a charming Girton College, with its beautiful gardens, inspirational atmosphere, and ample parking. There are regular buses to Cambridge city centre.
WHO CAN TAKE PART: Anyone aged 15+ with any level of Russian, from absolute beginners to fluent. There is no upper age limit!
This summer school would be beneficial for those in the middle of their A-LEVELS and/or those starting or doing a UNIVERSITY COURSE linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- A wonderful opportunity to combine learning with leisure and pleasure, meet like-minded people, and enjoy the ambience of an authentic Cambridge college.
- 20 hours of tuition with experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun-loving native-speaking tutors.
- Four levels. Placement test are offered at enrolment.
- Develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing in a fun and creative way. Brush up your grammar, immerse in conversation, improve pronunciation, and take delight in Russian literature!
- Enrich your vocabulary and gain a deeper insight into Russian culture, traditions, humour and way of life.
- Great emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play, debates and discussions.
- Social & cultural programme: 15 hours in the target language, e.g. games and discussions, a film night, a concert, a talk by invited speaker, poetry, singing and drama, to supplement your linguistic experience in a warm, stimulating and inspirational atmosphere.
– Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £355;
– En-suite room & full board = £670. (Sunday dinner is included in the residential fee.)
15% discount for students under 25 in full-time education:
– Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £295;
– En-suite room & full board = £570. (Sunday dinner is included in the residential fee.)
The fee includes a 25% non-refundable deposit, but if cancelled on or after Monday 26th July no refund can be made, unless the delegate in question is diagnosed with COVID-19 or has to self-isolate.
HOW TO BOOK:
Please fill in the online enrolment form, and pay the full fee to the account specified on the form.
Please complete the enrolment process as soon as possible, to guarantee your place on the course.
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar