Residential Russian and Ukrainian School in Cambridge
Monday 7 August - Friday 11 August
Monday 7th August – Friday 11th August 2023
BEGINNERS (OR NEAR-BEGINNERS) OF UKRAINIAN are invited to take part. Students of ANY LEVEL OF RUSSIAN are most welcome, from beginners to fluent!
PARTICIPANTS: We warmly welcome anyone aged 15+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Ukrainian or Russian history, politics, literature or art. There is no upper age limit!
- A wonderful opportunity to combine learning with leisure and pleasure, meet like-minded people, and enjoy the ambience of an authentic Cambridge college.
- Develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing in a fun and creative way. Brush up your grammar, immerse in conversation, improve pronunciation, and take delight in Russian or Ukrianian literature!
20 hours of tuition with experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and fun-loving native-speaking tutors.
- A rich extra-curricular programme.
- Streaming according to students’ levels. Small groups.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play, debates and discussions.
- Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £390
- En-suite room & full board = £720 (Sunday evening meal is included in the residential fee.)
15% discount for students under 25 in full-time education:
- Non-residential (lunch and dinner) = £312 (discounted)
- En-suite room & full board = £648 (discounted)
The fee includes a £100 non-refundable deposit.
How to book:
- Please fill in the online enrolment form, and pay the full fee to the account specified on the form.
- Places are allocated on the first come, first served basis, so please complete the enrolment process as soon as possible, to guarantee your place on the course.
- WITH ANY QUERIES please contact us on email@example.com or +44 (0)781 510 1481 (Tanya).
Please note that this school is organised by Tanya Yurasova at Tangential Cambridge in collaboration with The Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society (CamRuSS).
Testimonials from last summer’s Russian and Ukrainian School in Cambridge (2022):
Amazing organisation as usual. (KR)
I do like the way you manage to accommodate all ages and levels in the groups, which must take a lot of thought when preparing the materials. (AE)
Thoroughly enjoyable and stimulating. (LN)
Best ever. Inspiring and imaginatively planned lessons. (JP)
I really enjoyed the week. Thank you! It was brilliant to get my head back into thinking in Russian and also to learn a little Ukrainian language and culture. Since coming home I have been helping some Ukrainian refugees to settle into their new situation, so the summer school was very good timing for me. (CR)
Pleased to have the chance to learn a little bit of Ukrainian. (MR)
It is a measure of how good the lessons were that I never once found my attention wandering! A good variety of activities and a chance to meet people. The entertainment on the last night was great fun for the spectators – and clearly fun for the participants. (NR)
Really stimulating, very varied, great fun, brilliant teaching. (CL)
The craft workshops were a great idea! (JL)
A fantastic range of audio, video, poems, interviews, songs. I especially appreciated the time devoted to phonetics and pronunciation as that is very rare. The atmosphere of joy and encouragement, the innovative pedagogy, the enthusiasm of the teaching team, the friendly warm atmosphere, the inspiration to keep learning. I enjoyed myself tremendously. This week provided everything I had hoped for, thank you. (MM)
Everything was very useful and enjoyable. It was my first experience of the Summer School and it exceeded my expectations. (MS)
As a teacher, the resources were of an excellent quality and I will be incorporating some of them into my own teaching. (AL)
I started as a beginner but left knowing a lot more. (JS)
The community was so friendly and supportive and it was great to speak to people from Russia and Ukraine and hear about their varied cultures and experiences. A highlight for me was the concert where I had the chance to develop my confidence through performing. […] I think that I learnt so much across the week about Russian and Ukrainian art, culture, politics, religion and beliefs that I will definitely take with me! (JS)
I loved being immersed in Russian again. I also really enjoyed sharing my love of Russian with so many like-minded people. It was truly wonderful and I was glad to attend. (RH)