- This event has passed.
Old New Year Party – 2016
Saturday 16 January, 2016, 18:00 - 23:00
- If you are lucky, you will be greeted at some point by a charming young Snowmaiden and/or a very friendly Grandfather Frost.
- There will be a craft and jewellery fair, with unique stalls from local artists (with Russian, Eastern European and Baltic connections).
For children: arts, crafts, interactive activities and games for young children (Tibbatt’s Room).
- Live music (Main Hall) – 5:15pm
Members of the “Mawson Road Community Orchestra”.
Conductor and Musical Director: Michael Copley.
- Children’s dance groups from Cambridge Russian School & Cambridge Russian Academy will perform charleston and cha-cha-cha (Main Hall) – 6pm
Teachers: Julia Krolenko, Maria Rozhko.
- Meet characters from Russian cartoons, dancing and singing in amazing bespoke costumes: Cheburashka, Crocodile Gena, & their friends (Main Hall). Producer & Costume designer: Zanna Agilar
- Festive food & drink – BRING & SHARE (Ramsey Hall) – 6:30pm
Popular tunes: Mark Marianovski “Marfusha”, Angel Villoldo “El Choclo”, folk Russian “Dark Eyes” (Main Hall). Elena Lyutserina (violin) & Stephen Cook (guitar) – 7:00pm
- New Year’s Quiz (Main Hall) – 7:15pm
- Multicultural Folk Ensemble “Rusi-Lebedi” (Main Hall) – 7:45pm
Artistic Director, Vocal and Dance: Natalia Nesterenko.
- Raffle with very special prizes (Main Hall) – 8:00pm
- “Rusi-Lebedi” continues playing (Main Hall) – 7:45pm
- Revitalising Russian Disco (Ramsey Hall) – 9:00pm
DJ Artyom Lebedev.
- 10:00pm – Fun tidying up and cleaning together!
– CamRuSS members: £5 (individual), £8 (family);
– others: £10 (individual), £15 (family);
– children (up to 16 y.o.) FREE.
– If you are unable to bring festive food to share, there will be an additional charge of £3 per person.
– FREE for all performers and people on the helpers’ list.