- This event has passed.
Cambridge Russian Summer Course 2020 on Zoom
Saturday 22 August, 2020, 10:00 - Sunday 30 August, 2020, 19:30
PLEASE NOTE: This course is nearly fully booked – we currently only welcome applications from intermediate level students.
Even though this year we are facing rather unusual circumstances, we are delighted to announce that we shall not completely abandon the idea of a Russian Summer Course in August 2020. In order to minimise any risks, we have decided to run it online!
This summer course will be shorter and more spread out, to avoid both the physical and psychological strain of computer work. A major advantage is that you will be able to enjoy the online lessons from the comfort of your own home (or a holiday destination), and you will be able to join us from any ‘corner’ of the globe.
As always, we shall follow our long-established tradition of daily themes, interactive teaching groups formed according to the students’ levels of Russian, a considerate and flexible individual approach, and supportive and inspirational atmosphere that we shall aspire to create online!
Students of any level of Russian are most welcome, and at the moment we particularly welcome beginners and near-beginners!
The virtual Cambridge Russian Summer – 2020 will comprise four mornings (on two consecutive weekends) and four additional hours of extra-curricular evening programme:
Saturday 22nd August – Sunday 23rd August
& Saturday 29th August – Sunday 30th August
Timetable (on 22nd, 23rd, 29th, 30th August)
10:00 – 10:45 – Lesson 1
11:00 – 11:45 – Lesson 2
12:00 – 12:45 – Lesson 3
19:30 – 20:30 – Evening Programme (which will include a talk, a short film and discussion, and an interactive quiz).
PARTICIPANTS: We warmly welcome anyone aged 15+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art. There is no upper age limit!
- 12 hours of language tuition in small groups, with a strong emphasis on the linguistic component: speaking and listening, reading, writing and grammar – all in a fun and creative way.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play and discussions.
- Enrich your vocabulary, learn idioms, brush up your grammar, immerse yourself in conversation and improve pronunciation.
- All levels – from Beginners to Fluent, based on an initial assessment test.
- Tutors are all native speakers – experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and considerate.
15% discount for students under 25 in full-time education: £102
- Please fill in the following online enrolment form as soon as you can, as we really need to know the numbers in order to start planning.
- You will be asked to kindly transfer the full payment at least one month in advance (which includes a non-refundable deposit of £50).
WITH ANY QUERIES please contact Tanya Yurasova on:
email@example.com or 0781 510 1481.
Please note that places are allocated on the first come – first served basis. The number of participants is limited by the size of the virtual classes and the number of available teachers, so it is advisable to book as early as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!