CamRuSS Part-time Administrator (starting from end of September 2020)
- Deadline for applications has been extended until: Monday 14th September 2020.
- We plan to hold online interviews during the week beginning on 21st September 2020.
The Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society (CamRuSS) is an independent charity whose charitable objective is: «To advance education for the public benefit in East Anglia by providing opportunities for members of the public to learn the Russian language and to engage in activities and events designed to enable them to develop a better understanding of the history, arts and culture of Russia.»
Every year we organise a wide variety of cultural events, such as talks, social outings, film festivals, art exhibitions and music concerts, exploring Russian art, culture, history and traditions. We aspire to build up intercultural connections, and promote mutual support and understanding. We collaborate with other local voluntary groups and organisations, who share similar interests, and support a number of community projects.
CamRuSS is run by a Board of Trustees with the support of an Organising Committee.
Administrative support for CamRuSS activities.
- To provide assistance with planning, organising and monitoring CamRuSS events in Cambridge.
- To maintain regular effective and efficient communications with CamRuSS members, volunteers, trustees and the wider public via email, CamRuSS website, mailings, social media.
- To act as a point of contact/liaison for event organisers, volunteers and wider public for events.
- To monitor income, expenses and memberships by event.
- To provide periodic activity reports to the Board of Trustees.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
CamRuSS is looking for a responsible, self-disciplined and friendly team-player with a positive and proactive approach to life and work
- Excellent communication skills (English and Russian/spoken and written)
- Proficiency in managing social networks and websites.
- Competence with Microsoft office and Excel.
- Some events management experience.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Preferably Cambridge-based.
- References from previous employers or business contacts.
Experience working in a charitable/voluntary sector or understanding the specifics of working for a charitable organisation.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Contract – 12 months with potential for extension.
- Flexible working – expected 10-15 hours/week.
- Rate — £9/hour.
- Free entry to CamRuSS event
How to apply:
Please send your CV (in English) and a short covering letter (in Russian) to: email@example.com