Sunday, 15th January, 4pm
It was a warm, friendly and joyful evening for the whole family! There was an exciting talk, music, games and fun activities, a quiz with authentic Russian prizes, a raffle, a Russian karaoke and a disco. A brilliant opportunity to relax, make new friends and catch up with the old ones!
THEME: “1812: War and Peace”, to celebrate the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Borodino.
IN THE PROGRAMME:
4:00 – A vodka shot (or equivalent) and a Russian pie on the door;
4:30-5:00 – “THE NAKED NAPOLEON… and Contemporary Naked Leaders”, a sparkling, intelligent, thought-provoking and brilliantly entertaining talk by Dr JANA HOWLETT, with rarely seen slides and images!! (in Russian);
- LIVE MUSIC;
- Fun GAMES, ACTIVITIES and COMPETITIONS;
- Supervised activities and entertainment FOR CHILDREN (drawing, painting, DVDs, fun challenges etc);
- 1812 COSTUME COMPETITION;
- FOOD and DRINK (bring and share);
- Russian RYE BREAD and PIES for sale (freshly baked by our loyal and excellent supplier from King’s Lynn!)
6:00-6:20 – NEW-YEAR QUIZ for adults and older children, in teams (presented by Michael Bashtanov and Sergey Gayshun);
7:00-7:30 – RAFFLE with authentic Russian prizes;
7:30-8:30 – KARAOKE for children and adluts! Led by Ekaterina Onatskaya (downstairs);
7:30-8:30 – Igniting Russian DISCO, run by a highly acclaimed, experienced and charismatic DJ Michael Lukin (upstairs).
PHOTOS ARE COMING SOON!