You are invited to take part in a competition for the best design of a new CamRuSS logo. The competition is open to EVERYBODY – any age, nationality, qualification, country of residence, members or non-members of any society!
This is an exciting, highly creative and unusual challenge. One needs to get across the gist of our Society in a simple, expressive and vibrant design. CamRuSS depends on your talents!
Conditions and time-scale:
- prize for THE BEST DRAFT of the logo (picture and text) is £50
- drafts and sketches of proposals should be sent electronically to email@example.com in any standard format;
- all participants will be awarded appreciation prizes;
- the DEADLINE for submitting your drafts: Monday, 20th May 2013;
- all submitted drafts will be considered within 10 days after the deadline, and the winner will be announced.
- the winner will be offered an opportunity to rework their draft into the final version of the logo (picture and text) as vector graphics, for an additional reward of £50 for a usable final version, within the following two weeks.
- the winner may choose to decline this additional offer (which will NOT affect their entitlement to the original £50 prize for the best draft).
It has been suggested that an image of a window could be incorporated in the design, as it encompasses a few important ideas at once (e.g. a window into the world/Europe, enlightenment, culture, openness and open-mindedness towards different people and countries, readiness to communicate, interact and explore the outside world). However, it is only a suggestion and we urge the participants to use their own judgement and imagination!
A few important points need to be taken into consideration:
- our geographical location in Cambridge;
- our link to Russia, Russian art, culture and traditions;
- on the whole, the logo must have a modern look and embody the spirit of CamRuSS, with its avid interest in history and contemporary life in Russia, and its forward-looking approach;
- ideally, there would be only a few colours involved, two or three, in order to ensure a simple and bold appearance.
- the imagery must not be loaded with any religious, political or ideological implications.
Special notes on wording:
- the name of the Society – CamRuSS – should be incorporated in the design;
- a careful choice of font is important (neither a whimsical old-fashioned script nor a terse “Pravda”/”Times” lettering, but something fairly simple yet memorable);
- two versions of the draft should be submitted – one with the abbreviation CamRuSS, and the other with the full name, i.e. Cambridge Russian-Speaking Society, both written in the same font; the two designs should match and be in harmony with each other.
We look forward to your sketches in electronic form at firstname.lastname@example.org, to arrive no later than Monday 20th May. Please feel free to ask any questions, in either language, by writing to the address above.
Please don’t hesitate to give it a go!