- This event has passed.
Cambridge Russian Winter Course 2020 Online
Saturday 28 November, 2020, 09:00 - Sunday 6 December, 2020, 21:00
We are delighted to announce that, by popular demand, we have decided to re-run our online Russian course that took place at the end of August 2020.
This course is short and spread out, to avoid both the physical and psychological strain of computer work. A major advantage is that you will be able to enjoy the online lessons without having to travel or commute, and you can join us from any ‘corner’ of the globe.
We shall follow our long-established tradition of daily themes, interactive teaching groups formed according to the students’ levels of Russian, a considerate and flexible individual approach, and a supportive and inspirational atmosphere that we aspire to create online.
STUDENTS OF ANY LEVEL OF RUSSIAN ARE MOST WELCOME!
The Online Cambridge Russian Course will comprise four morning sessions (on two consecutive weekends) and an extra-curricular evening programme of four additional 1.5 hour slots:
Saturday 28th November – Sunday 29th November
& Saturday 5th December – Sunday 6th December
Timetable (on 28th Nov, 29th Nov, 5th Dec, 6th Dec)
10:00 – 10:50 – Lesson 1
11:10 – 12:00 – Lesson 2
12:20 – 13:10 – Lesson 3
NEW: Optional Phonetics Club in the afternoon (provisionally 15:30-16:00)
“Learn to speak Russian without an accent”, using Russian classical poetry and folk songs
19:30 – 21:00 – Evening Programme (which will include a talk, a short film and discussion, and an interactive quiz).
Our teachers are: Anna Nerukh, Elena McKain, Marina Burrell, Ellina Konovalova, Vera Grantham, Ioulia Ignatievskaia, and Tanya Yurasova
The online teaching platform to be used is Zoom: https://zoom.us/download
Zoom tutorial: https://www.teachertrainingvideos.com/Zoom_what_students_need_to_know
Extra Zoom training will be offered to those who are less familiar with it (let us know in the enrolment form).
PARTICIPANTS: We warmly welcome anyone aged 15+, including those in the middle of their A-levels and those starting or doing a university course linked to Russian history, politics, literature or art. There is no upper age limit!
- 12 hours of language tuition in small groups, with a strong emphasis on the linguistic component: speaking and listening, reading, writing and grammar – all in a fun and creative way.
- Much emphasis on interaction, group work, role-play and discussions.
- Enrich your vocabulary, learn idioms, brush up your grammar, immerse yourself in conversation and improve pronunciation.
- All levels – from Beginners to Fluent, based on an initial assessment test.
- Tutors are all native speakers – experienced, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and considerate.
15% discount for students in full-time education: £102
1. Please fill in the following online enrolment form: https://forms.gle/K347EW5kZsEpvgWa8 as soon as you can.
2. You will be asked to kindly transfer the full payment at least three weeks in advance (which includes a non-refundable deposit of £50), i.e. by 7th November the latest.
Please note that places are allocated on the first come – first served basis. The number of participants is limited by the size of the virtual classes and the number of available teachers, so it is advisable to book as early as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Calendar powered by The Events Calendar