- This event has passed.
Mushroom Walk and Barbecue
Sunday 25 October, 2015, 12:00 - 17:00
Join us for our traditional, uplifting and pleasurable, leisury walk in the wood, followed by a sizzling barbecue, with outdoor games, singing and laughing. (You won’t be forced to eat any mushrooms you find!)
Coordinator: Dima Mevzos
WALK STARTS: 11 am.
MEETING POINT: Lynford Stag.
Click here to see the map.
Brandon, Thetford, Suffolk IP27 0AF
Geographical location: 52°27’19.0″N 0°40’52.6″E
- Get on A14 from Newmarket Rd (in the Newmarket direction, travelling East from Cambridge) (4.9 mi / 13 min)
- Follow A14 and A11 to Brandon Rd/B1107 in Thetford (27.5 mi / 32 min)
- Continue on B1107 to your destination (4.6 mi / 9 min)
- At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Brandon Rd/B1107
- Continue to follow B1107 (2.6 mi)
- Turn right toward Mark Ln (1.1 mi)
- Turn right onto Mark Ln (0.1 mi)
- Continue straight (0.2 mi)
- Turn right (0.5 m)
BBQ STARTS: 13:00
MEETING POINT: Stationary Barbecue No. 3 at High Lodge, Thetford Forest. Click here for the map of High Lodge, with the stationary barbecues all numbered. Click here for a map showing how to get to High Lodge from where you originally parked.
PLEASE BRING: food and drink to share; balls and other toys; guitars and other musical instruments. Dogs and children most welcome.
PARKING at High Lodge is not free, so it might make sense to share cars.