- This event has passed.
Cambridge CamRuSS Autumn Fair 2019
Sunday 27 October, 2019, 11:00 - 16:00
A celebration of cultural diversity, traditions, skills and talents of our local community.
We are pleased to offer our guests to try:
- Russian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Moldavian, Kazakh and Georgian traditional cuisine
- Traditional Russian souvenirs – shawls, ceramics, Russian dolls, books, raw honey
- Handicrafts – jewellery, candles, soap, decorative dolls etc.
Take part in a variety of engaging workshops:
- Decorating wooden spoons
- Traditional doll-making
- Gingerbread decorating
- Slime making for children.
Please note that workshop places are limited, so we strongly advise to enrol at email@example.com and ask for more details.
There will be LIVE music all day – delivered by our friends, Russian folk-dance performers from Northampton “Kalinka”, enchanting “Russian Souvenir Ensemble” from London, Cambridge Georgian choir “Chela”, accordionist Tadeush Grenda and talent shows from the local Russian schools of Cambridge.
You can challenge your knowledge of Russia by taking part in a Quiz, try our Photo Booth with Russian costumes, and test your luck in a tombola which will be running throughout the day, as well as a big Lottery draw at 13:00 and 15.00 with authentic prizes from Russia, Estonia, Georgia, Ukraine and other countries, and More!
11.00 Fair starts
13.00 & 15.00 Lottery draw
16.00 Fair closes
11.15-11.45 Making a doll-keyring or brooch (12+), with Irina Ankudinova, £5
13.15 & 15.15 Making a Bunny doll, for younger children only, free, with Irina Ankudinova.
During the day:
– wooden spoon decorating (7+), £2, with Vida Ike
– slime making (6+), £2, with Masha Carter
– gingerbread decorating with edible pens (5+), £5, with helpers from CRA
Folk dance group Kalinka (Northampton) – 11.00 & 13.00
Musical ensemble Russian Souvenir (London) – 12.00 & 14.00
Tadeush Grenda, accordion (Cambridge) – 14.15
Folk dance class from Cambridge Russian School – 15.00
Choir from Cambridge Russian Academy – 15.10
Georgian choir Chela (Cambridge) – 15.20