5th May 2015
Deputy Head of Studies (Заместитель завуча по методической работе) – 2 year contract
This position involves assisting in coordination of school teaching process and ensuring that all educational services are provided in an efficient and effective manner for all the parties involved: students, parent and teachers.
- Updating the School curriculum as and when needed on paper and/or electronically
- Ensuring dissemination of training and professional development to all teachers
- Promoting and monitoring the quality of teaching services
- In conjunction with Head of Studies, evaluating the work of other teachers
- Developing criteria for allocation of children to classes
- Maintaining the matrix of learning outcomes for each grade of the school
- Assisting the teachers in creation of their teaching plans if/when required
- Maintaining a library of lesson, term and year plans and teaching materials on paper and/or electronically to make it available to all teachers
- Supporting the Head of Studies in the performance of any other of her/his tasks and providing cover when she/he is absent from the school
- Working closely with the Head of Studies, Administrator, Admission officer and Treasurer for ensuring an effective and efficient work of the Russian School.
- MS Word; Excel; email
- Good organisational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Russian and English);
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to build relationship with colleagues, students and parents;
- Experience of teaching Russian to bilingual children
- Experience of work in a UK school/college
Working hours: Saturdays (during term time) 12.00 – 17.00, during the week from home – 10 -15 hours (or as required).